Tuesday 10 March 2009

Prince Charming and the Highway Women



It was a while ago now but I spent my time between Christmas and New Year appearing in the Devil's Horsemen pantomime Cinderella on Horseback. I used to work for them full time but as Jive Pony takes up most of my time now I only manage to work for them ocasionally. It was great fun, especially seeing lots of my friends who I hadn't seen for quite a long time. Although I was in the panto last year it was only playing a sugar mouse, and I didn't realise until the very last minute I was going to be Prince Charming this year - with lots of lines to learn! Our first show was on boxing day evening, and as I had only had the daytime to practise all my lines and learn all the routines I was very very nervous. However, I managed to remember most of it and only had to be prompted a couple of times! We did seven shows over four days and I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time my body felt (and looked) so battered! Click here to see some photos from our shows over the Christmas week.

Meanwhile.....Stand and deliver! On Sunday 28th of December Ronan and Tinker did their bit for charity - by recreating a highway raid! Unfortunately it clashed with the last day of Cinderella so I was unable to join in, but here's Becca's account of the day...


Jive Pony supporter Babara Keen and I donned guns, swords, capes and thigh high boots to ride around our local Cotswold villages holding up cars, tractors, bikes and anything that moved really for their money! It was all in aid of the Brooke Hospital for animals in Cairo and developing countries. Jive Pony is an avid supporter of the Brooke as we understand just how important it is to have healthy and happy animals when you depend on them for your day to day work. The Brooke don't just treat sick and injured horses, ponies, mules and donkeys - they also educate the owners how to take the best possible care of them - something Jive Pony believe in strongly. The day was a great success and Ronan and Tinker had a fantastic day. We stopped at all the village pubs and Ronan performed tricks for the customers which went down nearly as well as all the mulled wine we got through!! We couldn't have done it alone though and massive thanks goes to our brilliant foot soldiers Leanne King, Allie Mills and the fantastic Purdy Nicholson who shot everyone whether they gave money or not!!! We raised over £200 for the Brooke which was gratefully received and we even ended up in several papers! Click here to see some of the photos of our adventurous day!


So there you have it - Prince Charming and the Highway Women - just another week in the life of Jive Pony!!

Lots of love

Rosie xx

1 comment:

S said...

What a brilliant way to raise money, I love it.

Glad you both had a good winter.